A list of organisations we are currently working with to provide activities for Young Carers.
THORPE WOODLANDS ADVENTURE CENTRE, SHADWELL, THETFORD, NORFOLK, IP24 2RX
The Thorpe Woodlands Siblings Breaks aim to provide the brothers and sisters of disabled children with an opportunity spend time away from home in a safe, friendly and fun environment. This is an activity based residential but there is no pressure to take part if young people would rather use their time to relax and spend time with friends.
Activities include Climbing, Cycling, Caving, High Ropes, Archery, Canoeing, camp-fires and much more...
Sessions are aimed at children and young people aged 11-18.
Visit http://www.thorpewoodlands.co.uk/ to find out more.
Suffolk Association for Local Councils, Unit 11a , Hill View Business Park, Old Ipswich Road, Claydon, Ipswich IP6 0AJ.
BehaviourSafe at home supports parents, carers and family members living with children who display extreme behaviours, to improve the safety of everyone. The focus of the programme is on early intervention, to help prevent the behaviour escalating and to reduce the need for restrictive interventions. The consultants provide meaningful and focused guidance, to help parent/carers make appropriate positive choices when managing difficult behaviours.
- Tuesday 12th and 19th March 2019 – Suffolk Family Carers, Unit 6-8, Hillview Business Park, Old Ipswich Road, Claydon IP6 0AJ 10:00-15:00
- Tuesday 30th April and 7th May 2019 – Suffolk Association of local Councils, 1 Old Ipswich Rd, Claydon, Ipswich IP6 0AJ 10:00 – 15:00
- Tuesday 11th June and 18th June 2019 – Involve Centre, 5 Pinbush Close, Lowestoft, NR3 7NN 10:00 – 15:00
- Wednesday 10th July and 17th July 2019 – The Co-op Education Centre, 11 Fore St, Ipswich IP4 1JW 10:00 -15:00
- Tuesday 10th and 17th September 2019 - Suffolk Family Carers, Unit 6-8, Hillview Business Park, Old Ipswich Road, Claydon IP6 0AJ 10:00-15:00
- Tuesday 8th October and 15th October 2019 – The Christopher Centre, 10 Gainsborough Street, Sudbury Suffolk CO10 2EU 10:00-15:00
- Tuesday 12th and 19th November 2019 – Bury Library, 2B St Andrew's St N, Bury Saint Edmunds IP33 1TZ 10:00 – 15:00
- Tuesday 14th and 21st January 2020 - Suffolk Family Carers, Unit 6-8, Hillview Business Park, Old Ipswich Road, Claydon IP6 0AJ 10:00-15:00
- Tuesday 4th and 11th February 2020 - Suffolk Family Carers, Unit 6-8, Hillview Business Park, Old Ipswich Road, Claydon IP6 0AJ 10:00-15:00
Achieving Aspirations Young Carers Club
@ the Junction, Kingsfield Centre, Onehouse Road, Stowmarket, IP14 1SZ
Achieving Aspirations Young Carers Club aims to provide a safe, supportive environment for young carers to enable them to relax, make friends and socialise in a safe and supportive environment.