Suffolk Parent Carer Network Training Offer
Published: 15th April 2021
SPCN are hosting 8 virtual training sessions with Bren Prendergast and the team at www.sen-help.org.uk. The training is split into 2 hour sessions with individual bookings so that you can sign up for one, two or all of them. They are free for SPCN members. If you are not yet a signed up member of SPCN you can join as a parent carer.
There are only 35 places available for each training session and so we would advise you to book your place quickly! Details of each session are below.
- SEN Support Monday 19th April 9.45-11.45am This practical training day covers SEND Support: What is SEN & SEN Support. What should I expect? https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sen-support-training-day-with-sen-help-tickets-150471254573
- Applying for an EHC Needs Assessment Monday 19th April 12.30-2.30pm This practical training day covers Applying for an EHC Needs Assessment: What is an EHC Needs Assessment; how can I apply; what type of information do I need? https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/manage/events/150493946445/details
- Appealing a Refusal to Assess Monday 10th May 9.45-11.45am This practical training day covers Appealing a Refusal to Assess: Looking at the paperwork; types of information required; overview of what the law says. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/appealing-a-refusal-to-assess-training-day-with-sen-help-tickets-150495438909
- Understanding EHC Plan Sections Monday 10th May 12.30-2.30pm This practical training day covers EHC Plan Sections: Understanding what the sections mean; the types of information which should be in each; overview of key pieces of law. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ehc-plan-sections-training-day-with-sen-help-tickets-150502215177
- Appealing Contents of an EHCP Monday 24th May 9.45-11.45am This practical training day covers Appealing contents of an EHCP: Evidence! Looking at the paperwork; overview of key pieces of law https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/appealing-contents-of-an-ehcp-training-day-with-sen-help-tickets-150523484795
- Post-16: options and a 5-day-week 24th May 12.30-2.30pm This practical training day covers Post-16: options and a 5-day week https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/post-16-options-and-a-5-day-week-training-day-with-sen-help-tickets-150525141751
- Annual Reviews: Purpose and Paperwork Training Day Monday 7th June 9.45-11.45am This practical training day covers Annual Reviews: Purpose and Paperwork https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/annual-reviews-purpose-and-paperwork-training-day-with-sen-help-tickets-150528172817
- Transitions Monday 7th June 12.30-2.30pm This practical training day covers Transitions: Getting ready for phase transfers; transition planning from Yr 9 to Preparation for Adulthood https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/transitions-training-day-with-sen-help-tickets-150529970193