Activities Unlimited is here to provide short break activities for all Suffolk children and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) between the ages of 0 - 25. We want them to have fun, try new things, make new friends and have the same opportunities as other children and young people. There are masses of activities to choose from on the website - like adventure activities, arts and crafts, overnight breaks, music, sport and much more! Many of these activities are grant funded by us and you can access them at the subsidised cost. All you have to do is find activities that suits you then book directly with the provider using the details on the website.
Activities Unlimited is available to all families living in Suffolk with Children with SEND and we do much more than just offer Short Break activities.
- We have Luxury family holiday lodges available at a discounted cost. Click here for more information.
- We have Behaviour safe courses available to help families manage children and young people who have behaviours that challenge. You can view the Behaviour Safe page here.
- Our Family Advice Team is on hand to help find suitable activities and provider general advice and support. The Team can be contacted on AUFamilyAdvice@suffolk.gov.uk
- We offer personal budgets to some families who have children and young people with significant needs. More information about personal budgets.
- We co-ordinate the Holiday Activities and Food Programme, for families with children and young people with SEND who are eligible for free school meals falls within the remit of Activities Unlimited. Schools will signpost families to activities under the HAF programme, however many of our providers offer free activities sessions to those eligible families. Information about Suffolk’s HAF programme can be found on the Suffolk Infolink website
- We offer activities for siblings and Young Carers and offer further advice and support via our provider Suffolk Family Carers. Here is a link to Young Carers information.
We also want to hear from providers who would like to advertise their service on the Activities Unlimited website and offer services to disabled children. As a provider you can now register on the site and keep a profile up to date with all your latest activities and information for our members to access. How to become a provider.